This avocado blue cheese dressing is simple and perfect on grilled veggies or salads. The creamy avocado is the perfect match for the tangy blue cheese.
- 2 oz. blue cheese, crumbled (half of an Athenos Blue Cheese package)
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 2 tbs. sour cream (light sour cream works fine)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt, pepper, and olive oil
- Saute the shallot with a tsp. of olive oil until soft and fragrant. Let cool for a few minutes and transfer to a small mixing bowl.
- Add all ingredients except avocado to the bowl with the shallots and mash/stir them together. It’s up to you how chunky you want it to be.
- Slice the avocado and add to the mixture. Mash/stir to your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper. If it’s too thick, add a drizzle of olive oil or another tbs. of milk.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Dressing
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: avocado blue cheese dressing, blue cheese dressing, avocado dressing