What a day. What a bad, bad day.
It started with student behaviors. Then it was student performance. (And that’s not to mention teacher behaviors and performance. Which, of course, comes full circle back to student behaviors and performance.)
And then there are the completely random things that just have to happen on the same (bad) day.
Finding just 6 lonely oats in the bottom of the oatmeal canister this morning. Almost eating the whole jar of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter to compensate (I guess that part wasn’t so bad).
Finding the receipt for my new water bottle, inside the bottle, wet and disintegrating, after drinking out of it for the last 5 hours.
Hiding my cute spring outfit under my jacket all day in an effort to keep my body temperature above 60 degrees.
If forced to identify anything positive about this day, I can come up with two things.
1. The pug wall in my classroom.
2. Having this cheesy, fresh, bright Caprese Penne for dinner. Again.Print
This easy vegetarian caprese penne pasta features sweet cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh basil. Simple and delicious! Adapted from How Sweet It Is.
- 1/2 box whole wheat penne
- 1 cup of your favorite tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- fresh mozzarella, sliced (sliced provolone works in a pinch)
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes (some halved, some left whole)
- 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Boil water and cook pasta according to directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat tomato sauce over low heat in a large saucepan. Once warm, stir in sour cream and grated parmesan.
- Once pasta is done cooking, drain and dump into the sauce, mixing to coat and turning off heat. Add the tomatoes and a few chopped basil leaves. Once combined, spray a baking dish with non-stick spray and pour the entire pasta mixture into the dish. Top with the sliced cheese (as much as you want).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is golden and bubbly. Top with additional fresh basil!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 379
Keywords: caprese penne pasta, caprese pasta
Oh, did I mention that my helpful, sweet, and hilarious husband won’t be home until late tonight? Eating dinner without him is not a great end to this day.
Although eating his share of pasta is.