These caramel corn bars have a cookie base and a marshmallow caramel corn topping, drizzled with chocolate. So addicting!
- 1 roll refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
- 3 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 bag butter-flavor microwave popcorn, popped
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 bag peanut butter chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Press cookie dough into the bottom of a square baking pan (8×8 or 9×9). Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until the surface looks dry and starts turning golden brown.
- Start melting corn syrup, butter, and peanut butter chips over medium heat.
- Once cookies have been removed, sprinkle marshmallows on top of cookie layer and put back in the oven for 5 minutes until they puff up.
- Add popcorn to warm, melted peanut butter mixture and stir until well combined. Press on top of marshmallow layer. Drizzle with melted chocolate chips. Cool for several hours before cutting and serving. (I found it helpful to put them in the fridge.)
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramel corn bars, caramel recipe, caramel and chocolate