Roasted potatoes, cheese, black beans, tomatoes, avocado… Why didn’t I think of this sooner?
Well, probably because I was feeding my nacho fix with the high quality nachos at my local Applebees (how can something be so bad and so delicious all at the same time?)!
Not to worry: Cheesy Roasted Potato Nachos to the rescue! They are delicious – and relatively healthy! At least compared to the alternative.
Easy, Cheesy, and Semi-Healthy. That’s my kind of nachos!Print
These cheesy roasted potato nachos make a quick, cheap, and easy weeknight Mexican-style dinner. Just potatoes, beans, tomatoes, and cheese!
- 4 red potatoes (not the small ones – at least medium size)
- 1 can black beans – drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes -drained
- shredded mozzarella cheese (I used about 2 cups)
- taco seasoning
- toppings: salsa, avocado, sour cream, cilantro, scallions
- Dice the potatoes. Toss them in a little olive oil and taco seasoning. Roast them at 400 degrees until golden brown and tender (about 15-20 minutes).
- Combine black beans, tomatoes, and taco seasoning.
- In a shallow baking dish, layer roasted potatoes, black bean mixture, and cheese. Repeat.
- Bake another 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Top with your favorite toppings!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: cheesy nachos, potato nachos, easy nachos recipe
And if you really can’t get over the classic nacho style… scoop it up with a few tortilla chips!
What is your guilty favorite food at a restaurant?