These chicken soup noodles are just like chicken noodle soup but without all the broth! Just saucy noodles, chicken, and vegetables. Yum!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 celery stalks, sliced thinly
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 49 ounces chicken broth (about 6 cups)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1 lb. package egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoon parsley
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 3–4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat 1 tbs. olive oil in a large soup pot over medium high heat. Add the vegetables and saute until tender crisp, about 3-5 minutes, depending on how thinly they are sliced. Add chicken broth to the pot and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the cold water. Add mixture to the broth. Add the noodles and bring to a rolling boil. Check noodles every few minutes and remove from heat when noodles are mostly cooked. The noodles will continue to soften after you stop the boiling. If you boil for too long, they’ll get mushy and break apart easily.
- Add butter and herbs and stir to combine. Mix in chicken and season with salt and pepper. Mixture will thicken slightly as it cools; there should be enough of a thick broth to cover everything but not enough to be runny. Stir in green onions just before serving.
You can also use a rotisserie chicken instead of cooking and shredding your own. I didn’t like the rotisserie chicken as much, though, because it was kinda greasy.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken soup noodles, chicken soup, noodle recipe