This chili-corn casserole with polenta is the perfect use for leftover chili. Simple, delicious comfort food.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 ears corn, kernels cut off
- Kosher salt
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 3 to 4 cups leftover chili
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack or monterey jack cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1 18–ounce tube precooked polenta, cut into 12 rounds
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until tender, 5 to 6 minutes. Add the scallions and cook until soft, about 1 minute.
- Spread the chili in an 8-inch-square baking dish. Top with half of the cheese followed by half of the corn mixture. Lay the polenta rounds on top, then sprinkle with the remaining corn and cheese.
- Bake until the casserole is heated through and the top is golden, about 20 minutes. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chili corn casserole, casserole recipe, chili casserole