Summer Sauce Week is here! Chipotle Cashew Queso is the first in our lineup of four sauces – click here to see the master list of ALL our favorite sauces!
Smoky, silky smooth, and beyond creamy – this is chipotle cashew queso.
I have good news for you:
- This chipotle cashew business is vegan. (But tastes good universally!)
- It’s is extremely versatile and goes even beyond Mexican-inspired or Tex-Mex recipes to be delicious on almost everything.
- IT COULD NOT BE EASIER TO MAKE.
I will never apologize for sharing REALLY YUMMY recipes that are too easy because easy is where it’s at!
It’s summer, and it’s not a time that we love to be in the kitchen, and can we just please help ourselves out by removing as many barriers to making homemade food as possible right now okay thanks.
Prefer To Watch Instead Of Read?
You need five ingredients: cashews, chili powder, salt, a chipotle pepper or two, and diced green chiles (they give it a true queso-y taste).
Blend that gang up until they’re nice and smooth and creamayyy:
And you’re done. You’ve basically made dinner. Get ready for the fun part:
Put it on anything.
- Roasted corn
- Chips, solo
- Rice bowls
- Grilled Southwest-y chicken
(Pictured here on the vegan sheet pan fajitas that are too good and too easy for life. We don’t even deserve their wonderfulness.)
Take out your blender, gather your goods, and keep the chips handy.
It’s chipotle cashew queso time.
Common Questions About Cashew Queso
Can I make this nut-free?
This recipe is dependent on using nuts, so if you need a nut-free alternative, another recipe like this one might be your best bet!
Is this super spicy?
It’s got a little kick, so if you’re super sensitive to spice, you can use half the amount of chipotle pepper.
What if I don’t have a high-powered blender?
It might help to soak the cashew in hot water for 1-2 hours to help soften them.
How long will this keep in the fridge?
It will keep for 2-3 days in the first (but will be gone fast!).
Smoky, silky smooth, beyond creamy Chipotle Cashew Queso! Made with all pantry ingredients that you just toss in a blender. Top it on tacos, fajitas, nachos and more!
1 cup cashews
1/2 cup water
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles
1 chipotle pepper canned in adobo (more to taste)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (more if your cashews are unsalted)
- optional, for more oomph: 1-2 tablespoons of the chipotle adobo sauce, or 1 teaspoon chili powder
- optional, for more cheeziness: 2-4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Blend everything together at a high speed until very smooth. Taste and adjust.
- Serve on tacos, fajitas, nachos, rice bowls, grilled chicken and veggies, with straight chips, really ANYTHING. It’s pure smoky, cheezy goodness.
Buy Now →
The equipment section may contain affiliate links to products we know and love.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Keywords: chipotle cashew queso, vegan queso, chipotle queso
Recipe Card powered by
One More Thing!
This recipe is part of our Sauces That Make Everything Better roundup. Check it out!
The post Chipotle Cashew Queso appeared first on Pinch of Yum.