Healthy and versatile bowls that come together under a generous drizzle of addictingly creamy vegan chipotle tahini sauce.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1–2 chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 small clove of garlic
- juice of 1 orange (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Build the Bowls:
- Roasted sweet potatoes (see notes for my favorite method!)
- Soft-boiled eggs (see notes for my favorite method!)
- Sautéed or massaged kale
- Anything else you want!
- Pulse all sauce ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Season to taste.
- Cook / prepare your bowl ingredients. My favorite combination is kale, roasted sweet potato, avocado, quinoa, and soft boiled egg. But I’ve also included chicken, roasted broccoli, etc.
- Smother everything in sauce! So good.
My Fave Roasted Sweet Potatoes: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees, and line a pan with parchment. Peel and cube two large sweet potatoes. Toss with 1 tablespoon cornstarch to coat (helps them stay crispy), and then toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Roast for 20 minutes, gently stir, and roast for another 10-15 minutes. Roasty and brown! Yum!
My Favorite Soft Boiled Eggs: Bring a pot of water to gentle boil (you want enough water to cover eggs by about one inch). Gently add eggs to the water and time for about 6 1/2 minutes. Remove and transfer to a bowl of ice water to cool. Peel, cut, YUM! Those jammy yolks! (For meal prep, I make these ahead, peel, and keep them in the fridge.)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: Mexican-Inspired
Keywords: chipotle tahini bowl, tahini bowl, healthy bowl recipe