Today’s post is sponsored by a new favorite: ALOHA! This company makes delicious, wholesome, and beautifully designed products that are straight up inspiring for a healthy lifestyle. Can’t wait to share.
Okay, so this is ice cream.
Bjork and I are still working on a 60 day sugar free experiment. So either this ice cream is really awesome orrr it’s breaking our commitment to ditch sugar for 60 days. Ah! NOT TO WORRY. It’s not breaking any commitments from us because it really is just that awesome. You saw that coming, didn’t you?
When we did the sugar free experiment last summer, I discovered this creamy, luscious, magically smooth substance called Pureed Frozen Bananas. Except that’s a terrible name that sounds like baby food, and I didn’t call it that. Since pureed frozen bananas are so similar in texture to soft serve ice cream, me and the whole internet have taken to calling this beautiful little hack various versions of Banana Ice Cream.
Essentially you take bananas, cut them into chunks, freeze them, and puree. Voila! And then part two – not optional – is where you do the Cupid Shuffle across the floor because it’s just that cool and creamy and delicious that you can’t even help yourself. Ice Cream Lyfe.
So today, since it’s been 90 degrees for most of this week and I’m feeling the summer love to the maximum, I decided I should share with you my latest refined sugar free discovery which is this Chocolate Banana (and superfood loaded) Naturally Sweet Ice Cream.
Tadahhhh! (er, keep scrolling)
But seriously now. How? and why? and refined sugar free? and chocolate?!
Before I even get into the goodness of the food itself, I need to mention something even more important which is that the packaging on these products alone will make you feel a lot of really warm, fuzzy things. If I were the kind of person who asked for healthy chocolate bars and superfood smoothie mixes for my birthday (hint: I am), I would ask for these stylish pretties.
Gahhh la la la laahhh
But let’s face it – we all know that adorable packaging is only 99.9% of a product, so let’s go now to the food.
This brand creates products and foods that you’re probably already eating (exhibit A: chocolate barrrssss), but the kick is that they are intentionally created to promote healthier living. They are packed with powerhouse ingredients and have no artificial additives or sweeteners. For example, the ALOHA Superfood Chocolate Bar that I chopped up and ate in two seconds I MEAN USED IN THE RECIPE has a full serving of fruits and vegetables and is sweetened with coconut sugar. Like, what?! That’s cool. And it tastes good, which is really super extra cool. Maybe even kEwL. Or coolio? Throwback.
There are also the little pouches of super-healthy smoothie and/or juice mixes called Daily Good Greens, which I actually used in this recipe, too. Normally, I would just add one of these little guys into my regular morning smoothie for a boost of TWO servings of fruits and veggies plus other good things like moringa, spiralina, and wild blueberries.
But even more notably, they have a chocolate flavored one (called Daily Good Greens Chocolate), and I was not about to resist adding all that good into my Chocolate Banana Naturally Sweet Ice Cream. ALOHA for the win!
Bottom line: it’s Friday in June which means it’s most definitely an ice cream day. Let’s order ourselves some ALOHA as a feel-good-self-care gift and be on our way to the lusciousness that is Chocolate Banana Naturally Sweet Ice Cream.
This naturally sweet ice cream is made with ALOHA superfood chocolate and bananas! You won’t believe it’s only 3 ingredients and 5 minutes to make!
- 4 bananas, peeled, cut into chunks, and frozen
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa or similar, like 2 packets The Daily Good Greens Chocolate
- a few tablespoons of water
- 1 chocolate bar, such as SuperFoods Chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- peanut butter and sea salt for topping
- Let the bananas soften for a while at room temperature or in the microwave. You don’t want them to be rock hard because they’ll take a toll on your food processor or blender, but you don’t want them to be soft because you’ll get more of a smoothie texture. They should be frozen but starting to soften on the outside.
- Pulse the bananas in a food processor until smooth. This is a heavy duty task – a blender can do it, but it’s going to need some help (a few stirs here and there) to move through the blender smoothly.
- Dissolve the cocoa in the water to allow it to incorporate into the ice cream better. Add the chocolate paste to the food processor and puree again until incorporated.
- Stir in the chocolate bits and anything else you might like – vanilla, sea salt, etc. Serve topped with drizzled peanut butter!
For the nutrition information, I used standard cocoa powder and 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, since we don’t have the exact numbers for the ALOHA products in our database.
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate banana nice cream, healthy chocolate ice cream, banana ice cream
Thank you to ALOHA for inspiring this healthy, creamy-cool naturally sweet ice cream! ♡