Remember when I used to work out?
Gosh golly. In our first few weeks here in the Philippines, I worked out every morning. And by worked out, I mean I ran for five seconds. It wasn’t much, but it gave me license for an extra cookie.
Now I don’t work out anymore, and I have a million reasons why.
First of all, I have this weird chest pain called costochondritis. I can’t believe I just told you that, and yes I might be 95 years old. Just please pretend I’m normal for one second. This random chest pain makes me want to lay in bed and eat chocolate and Advil all day. There is no working out when this thing is kicking my butt.
But the nice thing about costochondritis is that it goes away. So, like, it’s gone now. Annnnd I’m still not working out because I realized that it’s kind of nice to watch TV instead.
I am so bad, but I’m about to get worse.
Because not working out also gives me extra time for yummy TV snacks. Say, for example, a chocolate and sweet cream cake named “marble loaf”.
Oooooh it’s so good. We ate about half the batter before this thing even hit the oven. Maybe it tasted so good because there was half of a can of sweetened condensed milk in it, or maybe it tasted extra good because I don’t work out anymore. Funny how that works.
Oh my gosh. I promise to you, and to myself, that I will work out again in some way, shape, or form, someday. Now promise you’ll make this and smoosh your face in it.Print
This chocolate and sweet cream marble loaf is a perfect quick and easy snack, breakfast or dessert. And it’s so pretty, too!
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup milk (I used part milk, part heavy cream, because that’s what I do)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/3 cup melted butter (or oil can work too)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a loaf pan with nonstick spray or parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar together in a medium bowl.
- Add the vanilla, sweetened condensed milk, milk, egg, and melted butter. Stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, reserving about ½ cup of the batter.
- Mix the cocoa powder with the remaining ½ cup batter and stir until combined. Pour the chocolate batter over the regular batter and marble with the tip of a knife, making “s” motions throughout the batter until the two batters are swirled together in a nice pattern.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Top each slice with butter or jam, or serve with coffee.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: marble loaf, chocolate marble loaf, marble bread
I’m spending tonight at the mall with six preteen girls. Buckle up.