These cinnamon sugar mini donuts are baked, not fried, and rolled in cinnamon sugar. Tastes like the state fair at home! SO yummy.
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted (for dipping)
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar (for dipping)
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Add buttermilk, egg and butter and stir until just combined. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray, and fill each donut cup approximately one-half full.
- Bake 4–6 minutes at 350 degrees or until the top of the donuts spring back when touched. Let cool in pan for 4–5 minutes before removing. Finish the donuts by giving them a quick dip in the melted butter, then cinnamon sugar. Let cool/firm up for about 15-30 minutes, if you can wait that long.
The most important thing to know is NOT to overfill the mini donut tins! Each little circle should be halfway filled or less. I do this by putting all my batter in a plastic bag and the cutting the tip off so I can neatly squeeze just the amount that I want into each mini donut spot.
Also, compared to other recipes I’ve tried, these mini donuts are very cakey (hence the cake flour). I was a little worried that they were too light for me. But they bulk up a bit when you add the butter and sugar to the outside, obvs. Overall, very tasty!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cinnamon sugar donuts, cinnamon sugar mini donuts, mini donuts recipe