Crispy Potato Mojos! Super easy and yummy snack or appetizer for your next get-together. Potatoes dipped in fried chicken mix = AMAZING.
- 4 potatoes, washed
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups fried chicken breading mix, like Shore Lunch brand or Oven Fry brand
- Oil for frying
- Cut the unpeeled potatoes into thin slices, about 1/4 inch thick. The thinner you cut them, the more crispy (like chips) they will get. I like to cut some a little thicker and some thinner.
- Place 1-2 cups oil (about one inch deep) in a large frying pan. Heat oil over medium heat until water sizzles across the top. While oil is heating, dip potato slices in milk and coat with the fried chicken breading mix.
- Carefully drop potatoes into the oil right away (so the batter doesn’t get soggy) and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side, adjusting heat as necessary.
- Remove and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Serve with ranch, ketchup, cheese, or any other kind of sauce.
Making your own batter with flour and spices would be an easy alternative to using the premade fried chicken breading mix.
Also, some of the batter crumbs will come off in the frying pan; that’s ok. Once they’re fried, try to flip the finished potatoes carefully so you don’t break the batter off.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: potato mojos, mojo potatoes, crispy potatoes