LOVE is for the way I look at mushrooms, goat cheese, spinach, and light creamy-sauce-coated pasta with a generous crackle of pepper over the top.
And luhhhhve is for the way I eat it all. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ <– just to make sure you’re getting where I’m going here.
How To Make Our Mushroom Pasta:
In order to really fill out the picture on this heavenly date night mushroom pasta with goat cheese, you need to know this about us: we are pretty traditional in our marriage/home owner roles.
Bjork does outside stuff like shoveling snow and mowing the lawn, and I do the inside stuff like cooking and eating small bites of leftovers out of the fridge. You know, the important stuff.
So I’m not even exaggerating when I say that when Bjork offered to make dinner a few nights ago, it moved his total of Husband-Cooked-Dinners in the lifetime of our marriage to a grand total of 3. One, two, three. We’ve been married for almost six years. OKAY THEN.
“Date night,” we called it. And as it turns out, Bjork actually knows how to cook with the help of a few recipe tutorials, and I actually can and will shovel snow at neck-breaking speed (MY NECK THO), and most importantly: we both die for pasta with goat cheese and mushrooms.
It’s only fair to name this recipe Date Night Mushroom Pasta in honor of how the recipe came into my life.
AND because making and eating this just feels super romantic, maybe because of the white wine, or the earthy textures and colors, or the incredible smells that take over the kitchen when you toss the handful of garlic into the butter and wine, or probably just because I have unnaturally strong feelings of attraction towards melty hunks of goat cheese.
Just let love into your life right now, okay?
Date Night Mushroom Pasta with Goat Cheese – swimming in a white wine, garlic, and cream sauce. Perfect for a date night in!
16 ounces uncooked whole wheat farfalle pasta
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons oil
24 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced (I used cremini and shiitake)
1/4 cup minced garlic or shallots, or a combination of both
- a splash of white wine (about 1/3 cup)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chicken or vegetable broth (as needed)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
2 cups spinach, chopped
6 ounces goat cheese
- PASTA: Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- MUSHROOMS: Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet or pot over medium high heat. Add the mushrooms and saute until golden brown and soft, 5-10 minutes. The mushrooms will cook down and reduce in size. Add the garlic and white wine (it should sizzle a bit) and give it a few good stirs. Add the whipping cream and salt.
- TOSS: In a large pot, toss the pasta with the mushroom sauce from step two. Add some or all of the broth if you feel like you want there to be more sauciness (it sort of depends on personal preference – we had it with the added broth, and without, and it was good both times).
- SERVE: While the pasta is still warm, stir in the Parmesan cheese. Just before serving, stir in the spinach and goat cheese, or just top each serving with a few hunks of goat cheese.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 15 mins
Keywords: mushroom pasta with goat cheese, mushroom pasta, date night pasta
Recipe Card powered by
One More Thing!
This recipe is part of our best date night recipes page. Check it out!
The post Date Night Mushroom Pasta with Goat Cheese appeared first on Pinch of Yum.