I’ve been very good this year.
I’ve gone to the gym at least once a month.
I’ve taught 24 nine-year-olds how to multiply double digits, even with distractions like silly bands, nose picking, and shredded pink erasers.
I watched all the best 90’s Christmas movies.
Best of all, I’ve only spent about $900 at Target on unnecessary Christmas decor.
Now, Santa, let’s talk about what I would like this year.
I would accept a week-long vacation to Hawaii, a lifetime supply of chocolate, a new Prius filled with a lifetime supply of chocolate, or a baby pug. I’ll even leave you extra fluffy sugar cookies. And I’ll only take 1 bite.Print
These fluffy sugar cookies are topped with a vanilla frosting and sprinkles just like the Lofthouse brand! Super easy to make at home.
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs plus 1 yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 cups flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup Crisco (sub butter)
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream (sub milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For the cookies, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, sour cream, and vanilla. Add baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Mix until a soft dough forms. Cover and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Roll out dough 1/4 inch thick on a floured surface. Cut into small circles (2 1/2 inches in diameter) and bake at 425 degrees for 3-4 minutes. Wait until cookies are cool before frosting.
- For the frosting, beat together all ingredients with an electric mixer until very smooth. Frosting will set lightly after a few hours.
If you are making larger cookies, increase the baking time. For small cookies, I really only needed 3 minutes for my cookies – the ones that I baked longer than 3 minutes turned out very dry. Personally, I don’t care for these cookies plain. The frosting really makes them stand out!
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookie recipe, sugar cookie, holiday cookie, christmas cookie recipe