Freezer Meal Hawaiian Chicken Tacos! Juicy and crispy pineapple and chicken, tucked into tortillas, and rolled up with creamy jalapeño ranch slaw.
- 1.25 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced (remove ribs and seeds for less heat)
- half of a red onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
For serving, blend together Jalapeño Ranch and toss with cabbage:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 jalapeño (remove ribs and seeds for less heat)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (or about 1/4 cup fresh)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chives (or sub 1/2 teaspoon onion powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
INSTANT POT: Add 1/4 cup of water before cooking. From frozen, 20 minutes on high pressure + quick release.
SLOW COOKER: Add 1/4 cup of water before cooking. From thawed, 3-4 hours on high.
FINAL STEP: Shred chicken and serve with Jalapeño Ranch Slaw (see above) in tortillas.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Hawaiian-Inspired
Keywords: freezer meal, hawaiian tacos, chicken tacos, instant pot tacos