Freezer Meal Italian Beef! Just a few minutes to prep and hands-off to make. Tender shredded beef, crusty buttered bread, melted provolone, and giardiniera.
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast, trimmed and cut into chunks
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- half an onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
INSTANT POT: Add 2 ½ cups broth and ¼ cup giardiniera brine before cooking. From frozen, 1 hour 15 minutes on high pressure + 15 minutes natural release.
SLOW COOKER: Add 2 ½ cups broth and ¼ cup giardiniera brine before cooking. From thawed, 5-6 hours on high.
FINAL STEP: Serve on toasted rolls with melted cheese and chopped giardiniera!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Category: DInner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: italian beef, beef sandwich, freezer meal, beef recipe