These chickpeas, you guys. THESE CHICKPEAS.
Here’s what we have going on here:
- Protein-packed chickpeas
- Sautéed garlic and onion
- Lots of warm, cozy spices
- Slow simmered fire-roasted tomatoes
- Warm fluffy couscous
- A quick herby cucumber salad for a bite of freshness
- Yogurt or hummus to tie it all together
Even better news: it’s not only clean and healthy but can also be prepped to go from freezer to Instant Pot in a snap. That’s right. WINNING.
All you have to do it dump it all in a bag, freeze it, and pull it out when you’ve been living the takeout life a little too fiercely and need a healthy dinner in a snap.
Seriously. This is my colder-weather go-to for a super nutritious, plant-based meal that is basically the same experience as me eating my favorite comfort food. Okay, fine, pizza might still stand in a category all its own, but other than that, I’d say these chickpeas can compete with the best of them.
Check Out Our Video For How To Make Freezer Meal Spiced Chickpea Bowls:Print
Freezer Meal Detox Moroccan Chickpea Glow Bowl: clean eating meets comfort food! Dump it all in a bag, freeze it, and make it for dinner in a snap.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon each – chili powder and cumin
- 1 teaspoon each – turmeric and garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- dash of each – cinnamon and cayenne (to taste)
- 2 14-ounce cans chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 2 14-ounce cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
INSTANT POT: From frozen, 15 minutes on high pressure + quick release.
FINAL STEP: Serve with couscous, cucumber, hummus, yogurt, harbs, and pita bread slices!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Moroccan-Inspired
Keywords: freezer meal moroccan-spiced chickpea bowl, moroccan-spiced chickpeas, moroccan chickpeas
View original recipe here.
You might also like our freezer meals post.