Cozy, bright, and healing with power-foods like turmeric, cauliflower, and cashews. Topped with crispy chickpeas. Super creamy and SO GOOD.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- half an onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into about 5 cups of chunks or florets
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon turmeric – see notes
- 7–8 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- Sauté: Heat the oil in a deep soup pot. Add the onion, garlic, cauliflower, cashews, and turmeric. Sauté for 10 minutes or until very fragrant.
- Simmer: Add the water (I usually start with 4 cups) and salt. Simmer until softened.
- Blend: Transfer the soup to a blender and blend into a creamy consistency. It’s best to do this in batches.
- Finish: Return to the soup pot and add any additional water (remaining 2-3 cups) if you need to thin it out. Also a good time to season with more salt and a squeeze of lemon juice. Also a good time to top with spiced chickpeas and parsley and olive oil and more salt and put on your most comfy sweater and FALL IN LOVE. ♡
For the Spiced Chickpea Topping: Drain and rinse 2 14-ounce cans chickpeas. Spread them on a baking sheet. Preheat oven to 400. Sprinkle chickpeas with a dusting of cumin, smoked paprika, turmeric, salt, and/or any other spice combo you want. Drizzle with olive oil. Stir right on the pan, then roast for 30-40 minutes or until semi-crispy.
Turmeric: Turmeric has a strong flavor, so if you’ve never tried it before and you’re not sure you will like it, I would suggest using 1-2 teaspoons to start. If you’re a confident turmeric user, go for the full 1 tablespoon!
Blender Stains: Depending on your blender, this soup can leave a stain from the turmeric. If this happens, we recommend leaving your blender sitting in a window in the sun for a day or two which will help get rid of the stains!
Freezer Meal Version
2 tablespoons olive oil
half an onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 head of cauliflower, chopped into about 5 cups of chunks or florets
1 cup cashews
1 tablespoon turmeric
2 teaspoons salt
a squeeze of lemon juice
- Instant Pot Instructions: Add three cups water before cooking. High pressure 10 mins + 7 mins natural release.
- Slow Cooker Instructions: Add three cups water before cooking. High setting 4 hours.
- Final Step: Blend soup and add water to thin as needed.
- Check out our full freezer meal posts with all recipes and instructions here!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: golden soup, turmeric soup, healthy soup, anti-inflammatory recipe