This harvest salad is loaded with sweet potato, spinach, turkey kielbasa, bacon, apples, and topped with a creamy homemade maple dressing. Yum!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 cup coarsely sliced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced turkey kielbasa sausage
- 1/2 large Honeycrisp apple
- 2 tablespoons crumbled bacon
- fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon each canola oil, red wine vinegar, and water
- pinch of cinnamon, salt to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add potatoes and onions and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add kielbasa to pan and saute until browned. Add sweet potatoes and onions back into the pan with a little butter (optional) and saute everything over medium-low heat for another 5 minutes blend the flavors. Add raw apples and bacon to the skillet and stir to mix.
- Tear the spinach into bite-sized pieces. In a large bowl, toss the spinach with everything in the skillet.
- Whisk all ingredients for the dressing (sour cream through cinnamon) and serve over each individual salad.
Shallots are great in this salad, too! And if you’re not a fan of sweet dressings, whisk in some spicy mustard!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: harvest salad, salad recipes, turkey kielbasa, bacon recipe