Instant Pot Cauliflower Curry! Tender cauliflower, butternut squash, and red lentils cooked in a coconut-creamy red curry sauce and poured over a mini-mountain of steamy rice. YUM.
- half of an onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups squash, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup red lentils
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 5 minutes. Immediately release the pressure to prevent overcooking the veggies.
- Stir and season with more salt, or something spicy if you want. Give it a few minutes to cool and thicken slightly. Serve with rice. The end! It’s SO GOOD.
The vegetables will slightly break down, and red lentils are naturally kind of soupy, so the combo creates kind of a semi-pureed texture which is really, really yummy (and doesn’t require a blender).
If you use frozen vegetables, they get mushy faster, so I’d recommend cooking for more like 4 minutes instead of 5!
To make this on the stovetop: saute the onion and garlic in a little bit of olive oil, add vegetables, lentils, and liquids, and simmer for 10 minutes or until everything is tender. Keep over low heat to let it gradually thicken as the vegetables break down, or use an immersion blender to get a semi-pureed texture.
If you are strictly vegan, the Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste (our fav!) is vegan-friendly. (affiliate link)
Freezer Meal Version
half of an onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups cauliflower florets
2 cups butternut squash, cubed
1/2 cup red lentils
3 tablespoons red curry paste
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
1 can coconut milk
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Instant Pot Instructions: Add 1 cup water before cooking. High pressure 6 mins + quick release.
- Slow Cooker Instructions: Add 1 cup water before cooking. High setting 4 hours.
- Final Step: Serve with rice and cilantro.
- Check out our full freezer meal posts with all recipes and instructions here!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Thai-Inspired
Keywords: vegan curry, vegetarian curry, Instant Pot curry, cauliflower curry