These Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken Tacos are out of this WORLD. Juicy pineapple and spiced chicken crisped under the broiler, tucked into tortillas, and rolled up with creamy jalapeño ranch slaw.
Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken
- 1.25 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, minced (remove ribs and seeds for less heat)
- half of a red onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 jalapeno (remove ribs and seeds for less heat)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried dill (or about 1/4 cup fresh)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh chives (or sub 1/2 teaspoon onion powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- Cabbage for the slaw
- Any extra toppings you like
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 475 degrees (broil setting).
- Instant Pot: Place all chicken ingredients in the Instant Pot. Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes (20 if frozen). Release the pressure and shred chicken directly in pot.
- Broil: Transfer shredded chicken to a baking sheet lined with foil. Broil for 10-15 minutes until browned.
- Sauce: Pulse jalapeño ranch ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Toss some of the dressing with finely shredded cabbage to make a slaw.
- Done: Serve chicken in warm tortillas with slaw and an extra drizzle of jalapeño ranch, slices of avocado, extra pineapple, cilantro, red onion, etc.
Making this in the slow cooker: Since chicken cooks quickly, set this to high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours. Then shred and brown.
Making this on a stovetop: Sauté the vegetables and spices, add the chicken, add a little more liquid (maybe 1/2 cup to 1 cup), and let it simmer down. Then shred and brown.
Freezer Meal Version
1.25 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
2 cups fresh pineapple, finely chopped
1 jalapeño, minced (remove ribs/seeds for less heat)
half of a red onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sriracha
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Instant Pot Instructions: Add 1/4 cup of water before cooking. High pressure 20 mins + quick release.
- Slow Cooker Instructions: Add 1/4 cup of water before cooking. High setting 4 hours (thaw first).
- Final Step: Shred chicken and serve with slaw tossed with jalapeño ranch in tortillas.
- Check out our full freezer meal posts with all recipes and instructions here!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Hawaiian-Inspired
Keywords: instant pot tacos, hawaiian chicken tacos, jalapeno ranch