This yummy snack? Yes, snack. Some people might call it a meal, but I’m not one of those people.
Whatever it is, it’s healthy and filling and yummy.
Real meals? I don’t know if I can handle making a real meal right now. My to-do list at school is a little overwhelming, plus our latest DVD of Prison Break arrived, so I’m really busy.
But if I have to eat maple almonds and a cheesy corn quesadilla while I’m not making real meals, well, let’s just say I’m not complaining. Throw in a little leftover apple crisp, and I might even call that a well-rounded meal.
Except there’s no apple crisp left over other than a few straggler crumbles on my sweatshirt. Woops.Print
This simple Mozzarella, Basil, and Corn Quesadilla is a healthier take on the classic quesadilla. Made with fresh produce on a whole wheat tortilla. Yum!
- 1 whole tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup corn
- 4 leaves fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- 2 tortillas
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- hummus, optional
- salt and pepper
- Put the chopped tomatoes in a strainer and mix with the corn. Add salt and allow juices to drip out for a few minutes. Press on the mixture to make sure most of the moisture gets out. Add ¼ cup cheese to the mixture and stir.
- Preheat a skillet or a Panini press to medium-high heat.
- Spread a tortilla with hummus (optional) and top with the tomato mixture. Top with the remaining cheese and basil leaves, and place the other tortilla on top. Grill for a few minutes on each side until cheese is melted and outside of tortilla is toasted/grilled. For a more crispy outside, add a little butter or olive oil to the pan before grilling.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then cut into wedges and serve!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican-Inspired
Keywords: corn quesadilla, quesadilla recipe, vegetarian quesadilla
Maybe I’ll get around to a real meal by Friday. Maybe.
But in the meantime, this will be juuuust fine.