This simple Mozzarella, Basil, and Corn Quesadilla is a healthier take on the classic quesadilla. Made with fresh produce on a whole wheat tortilla. Yum!
- 1 whole tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup corn
- 4 leaves fresh basil, cut into ribbons
- 2 tortillas
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- hummus, optional
- salt and pepper
- Put the chopped tomatoes in a strainer and mix with the corn. Add salt and allow juices to drip out for a few minutes. Press on the mixture to make sure most of the moisture gets out. Add ¼ cup cheese to the mixture and stir.
- Preheat a skillet or a Panini press to medium-high heat.
- Spread a tortilla with hummus (optional) and top with the tomato mixture. Top with the remaining cheese and basil leaves, and place the other tortilla on top. Grill for a few minutes on each side until cheese is melted and outside of tortilla is toasted/grilled. For a more crispy outside, add a little butter or olive oil to the pan before grilling.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then cut into wedges and serve!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican-Inspired
Keywords: corn quesadilla, quesadilla recipe, vegetarian quesadilla