This nuevo cubano sandwich combines black bean cilantro puree, sliced mango, ham, and cheese layered between panini grilled bread. A twist on the Cuban!
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- mango slices
- wheat bread (needs to be pretty sturdy)
- black bean puree (see above)
- Spread bean mixture evenly on bottom halves of the prepared rolls. Layer bread evenly with ham, mango, and provolone cheese; top with another slice of bread.
- Spread with butter (or grease the pan). Grill in a skillet or Panini Press until golden brown.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: nuevo cubano sandwich, black bean panini, cuban sandwich