I came home from vacation craving oatmeal.
I’ve already been told by my husband that this is weird. Just let me explain myself.
The only time I ordered oatmeal on the trip was during a breakfast-on-the-go stop at Au Bon Pain. But first of all, eating in the car takes some of the joy away from the overall oats experience.
And secondly, I quickly realized that, while I love Au Bon Pain, their soupy oatmeal needed some major doctoring up with…. granola and almonds? Let’s just say the oatmeal topping bar was a bit sparse.
I think it was at this point on the trip that I declared myself an oatmeal snob.
And I’m not done yet.
To add fuel to the “I-crave-oatmeal” fire, there was a lot of this going on during our vacation. Which was amazing.
But it’s only amazing the first five times.
One more thing – did I mention that we were welcomed home to Minnesota by a lovely summer temperature of 60 degrees?
So now you can see why I came home craving a big bowl of warm, creamy, nutty power oats.
I’m not crazy. Right?Print
These peanut butter banana power oats are packed with protein and fiber for a healthy start to your day! Quick, easy, and peanut butter delicious.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup water
- pinch salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 banana (I used a frozen one)
- 1 tbs. flaxmeal
- 1 tsp. packed brown sugar
- pinch cinnamon
- 1/2 tbs. peanut butter
- Combine oats, water, and salt in a bowl. Beat the egg white, then whisk it in with the uncooked oats.
- Microwave for 2 minutes (or boil on stovetop). Check consistency and continue to heat as necessary until the oats are fluffy and thick.
- Thaw banana, mash, and add to oats. Heat another 30 seconds in microwave.
- Stir in flax, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Top with peanut butter!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: peanut butter banana oats, oatmeal breakfast, peanut butter oats
Another reason to crave healthy oatmeal: I’m about to head out for another weekend getaway with beach, friends, and more eating out! Yikes.
What’s your go-to healthy meal? I’m going to need it next week!