This pumpkin pecan cheesecake parfait recipe is simple and elegant – perfect for an easy fall dessert and nice enough to serve to company.
- 1 cup gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1 T. butter, melted
- 8 oz. cream cheese (I used 4 oz. low fat, 4 oz. whipped)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 14 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 whole pecan halves
- sweetened whipped cream for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350º. Crush the gingersnaps to create crumbs. Add melted butter, stir well to combined. Spread on baking sheet. Toast in the oven 3 – 5 minutes until crumbs start to brown. Cool.
- Process the cream cheese, sugars, cream and vanilla in a food processor until smooth. Add the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves. Process until smooth.
- Spoon a half of the graham cracker crumbs into four 1/2 cup-capacity dishes, layer on a few chopped pecans. Divide half of the cheesecake mixture evenly between the dishes and top with the remaining graham cracker or gingersnap crumbs and then more pecans. Divide the remaining cheesecake mixture between the dishes.
- Garnish with whipped cream and pecans. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dessert parfait, pumpkin parfait, pumpkin cheesecake dessert