This red pepper and goat cheese panini has a layer of olive tapenade topped with roasted red pepper and soft, creamy goat cheese. Grilled perfection!
- 4 thick slices sourdough bread
- 1 red bell pepper (or jarred roasted red peppers)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup olive tapenade (jarred, found with the olives at the grocery store)
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- handful fresh spinach
- If using fresh peppers, cut the bell peppers in half, and then cut each half into thirds (cutting the long way). Toss them with olive oil, salt and pepper, and grill them in a skillet or on the griddle, high heat, until soft and slightly charred.
- (Optional: spread the outsides of the bread with butter.) Spread two slices of bread with olive tapenade (3-4 tablespoons each) and two slices of bread with goat cheese (3-4 tablespoons each). Top the tapenade pieces with the roasted peppers and a handful of spinach. Place the goat cheese slices on top.
- Grill on a panini press, high heat, for about 10 minutes, checking periodically to make sure it doesn’t burn. You can also grill in a skillet or on a griddle. Flatten the sandwiches with a heavy frying pan while in the skillet to get the panini effect.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: red pepper and goat cheese panini, red pepper and goat cheese sandwich, red pepper panini