Salted Caramel Brownies ♡ thick, dense, fudgy brownies stuffed with homemade salted caramel. HEAVEN.
Yummy Homemade Caramel:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- pinch of salt
Fudgy Thick Brownies:
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (one bar)
- 1 stick salted butter (8 tablespoons)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350. Line a flat plate with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray. Line an 8×8 square baking pan with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.
- Make that caramel: place the sugar in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Stir frequently – the sugar will form clumps and eventually become smooth. Remove from heat. Add butter and stir in. Add cream and stir in. Return to heat – let it get smooth and bubbly for another few minutes. Pour the caramel on the parchment-lined plate. Freeze for 20-30 minutes to solidify.
- Brownie time: Melt the chocolate and the butter (microwave or double boiler). Whisk in the sugar. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- Caramel meets brownie: Cut the cooled caramel into small squares. Stir most of them into the brownie batter and transfer to the pan. Arrange the last few caramel pieces on top of the brownies. Bake for 30 minutes (more or less to taste). Cool in the fridge or freezer for easier cutting. FALL IN LOVE!
Heart Shapes: If you want to get heart shapes, you can either use a heart-shaped cookie cutter (affiliate link), or just print out a heart-shaped piece of paper and cut around it with a small knife. If you cut out heart shapes, you should be able to get 6-8 hearts with some scraps leftover. If you just cut into squares, you can easily get 9 big brownies.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramel brownies, valentine’s brownies, salted caramel brownies