Sheet Pan Garlic Ginger Chicken and Broccoli – a simple and low-maintenance meal prep option, with huge flavor and no refined sugar. ♡
For the Garlic Ginger Sauce:
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil (olive oil is fine)
- a 2-inch knob of fresh ginger (peeled)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 medjool dates (you can also use 1/4 cup honey or sugar)
For the Chicken and Broccoli:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut into strips
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets (about 5 cups)
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- sesame oil, sesame seeds, and/or green onions for topping
- Prep Sauce: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Blend all sauce ingredients together until smooth.
- Sheet Pan Action: Place chicken, broccoli, and red pepper on a sheet pan. Pour about 1/2 cup sauce over top of the chicken and just a few tablespoons over the veggies. Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Finish It Fancy: While the broccoli and chicken are roasting, simmer another 1/2 cup or so of sauce in a small saucepan over medium low heat until it’s thickened. Drizzle it over the finished chicken and broccoli. Finish with sesame oil, sesame seeds, or scallions. Voila! Happy bowls and meal prep lunches.
Compartment Meal Prep ContainersBuy Now →
Sauce: You probably won’t use all the sauce (I usually have almost a cup leftover), but I always prefer to have extra sauce rather than not enough. Save your leftover sauce because you can just make a quick and easy batch of this again next time!
Storage: Keeps in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Vegetarian: Sub tofu for a vegetarian option! Also works well as a stir-fry because the tofu will get nice and caramelized.
Broccoli Texture: Some of the sauce on the chicken may make its way over to the broccoli side during cooking. This makes the broccoli a little less crispy. To me, that wasn’t a big deal because the sauce gives the broccoli a lot of flavor. But if you want the broccoli to stay dry and crispy, just put it on a separate baking sheet.
Rice or No Rice: You can serve this over rice which is yummy. But to be honest, when I made this on its own as meal prep, I didn’t even miss the rice! So you can definitely get away without it.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken and broccoli recipe, sheet pan chicken recipe, meal prep chicken