This smoked almond and goat cheese salad pairs colorful and flavorful ingredients for a stunning meal with a simple homemade shallot dressing.
- 1 lb. fresh baby spinach and/or spring mix
- 3 tbs. fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup crushed smoked almonds (about 10 pulses in a food processor)
- 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tbs. honey
- 2 tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 4 tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Saute shallot with 1 tbs. olive oil. Add 1 tbs. honey. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a small bowl and whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and rosemary. Add olive oil and whisk again.
- Combine the spinach/spring mix and parsley. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Plate the spinach mixture on plates. Top with crushed almonds and goat cheese.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Lunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: goat cheese salad, healthy salad recipe, smoked almond recipe