This smoky white bean chili with pork uses ground pork sausage, white beans, and smoked paprika for an added kick of flavor.
- 1 lb. ground pork sausage (I used the “hot” kind)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked Spanish paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2 14 oz. cans fire roasted tomatoes with garlic
- 2 14 oz. cans white beans
- 1 14 oz. can hominy
- sour cream
- Brown meat in a large pot; when done, drain excess fat.
- Add onions and garlic to pork and saute over medium-high heat until translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Add seasoning and saute for 1 minute. Add red wine and cook for another 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, beans, and hominy. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes (longer is ok, too)!
- Top with sour cream and serve!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: white bean chili, chili recipe, bean chili