I said goodbye to my good intentions the moment this warm, buttery blondie touched my lips. That fruit-for-dessert idea? Well, it doesn’t hold up very strongly against an insanely delicious (butter-based) dessert like snickerdoodle blondies.
After teasing you with a pictures only post, I’m ready to share this recipe with the world. The better question is – are you ready?
With this knowledge comes a lot of responsibility.
You’ll need to make these for all social gatherings, birthdays, Super Bowls, and movie nights. You’ll need to either triple your workout intensity, or put a lock on the pan. If you choose to put a lock them up, you’ll need to find a safe, easy-to-reach, easy-to-remember hiding spot for the key. Because you will need to take care of those oh-so-frequent cravings for butter, cinnamon, and butter.
Just do it already.Print
This recipe for snickerdoodle blondies is sweet, easy, and cinnamon-sugary-delicious! Serve with vanilla ice cream and you’ve got a perfect, easy dessert.
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup cinnamon chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9×13-inch pan with nonstick spray. Line pan with parchment and let it hang over the sides. Spray parchment with nonstick spray too.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cream of tartar and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer (3 to 5 minutes). Mix in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Keep beating until mixture is smooth.
- Stir in flour mixture until well blended. If using cinnamon chips, stir them in now. The batter will be thick. Spread it evenly into the prepared pan. Spray your hands with cooking spray and use them to pat the mixture down evenly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Let pan cool completely.
- When ready to cut, use ends of parchment paper to lift out baked bars.
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: snickerdoodle blondies, snickerdoodle recipe, blondie recipe
Did I mention they should be served warm atop vanilla ice cream? Mmhm.