Welcome to the land of church picnics, school potlucks, and camping food.
The land where everything has mayonnaise, salads have crushed Fritos in them, and the only vegetable on the table is corn. And nobody thinks twice about it.
You’re here. Right now.
And I was there this weekend. Oh yes, I ate (plenty of) a salad that had little to no vegetables and a few handfuls of crushed chili Fritos.
What are you looking at?
Just trust me on this one – you’re going to take a bite and realize all the chili-Frito-corn goodness that is possible in a spicy corn salad.
And no, I will not stop calling it a salad. Get over it already.Print
This spicy corn salad is a perfect dip for picnics and summer get togethers. Made with corn, bell peppers, sour cream, mayo, spices, and chili Fritos. Yep.
- 2 cans of corn (drained)
- ½ of a red pepper, diced
- ½ of a green pepper, diced
- ½ of a yellow pepper, diced
- 1/2 of a red onion, chopped OR about 5 green onions, diced
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 3 tbs. mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese
- a few handfuls of chili flavored Fritos, crushed
- pinch of cayenne to add heat, if you want!
- Saute peppers and onion until soft. Cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Combine first 7 ingredient (through cheese) and refrigerate. If you want to add cayenne, now’s a good time.
- Just before serving, add Fritos!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 156
Keywords: frito salad, corn salad, spicy salad
Did I mention that the leftover Fritos make excellent dippers? Mmmhmm. Embrace it.