This spicy peanut chicken salad is made with noodles, lots of fresh veggies and a spicy homemade Thai-style peanut sauce.
For the Salad
- 1 cup julienne red and yellow pepper
- 1 cup shredded or julienne carrots
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped or shredded cooked chicken breast
- 8 oz. cooked soba noodles or whole grain linguine
For the Dressing:
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 minced small red Thai chili pepper, seeds and ribs removed
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Puree all remaining ingredients (except peanuts) in a food processor until smooth and creamy. Add peanuts last and process until just finely chopped. Pour over salad and toss well.
- Top individual servings with fresh basil and cilantro!
It’s worth the extra time to make the dressing from scratch! Eat it straight out of the food processor? Sure I did. It has the perfect amount of spiciness, sweetness, and nutty creaminess!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Thai
Keywords: spicy peanut chicken salad, peanut chicken salad, thai chicken salad