This post is sponsored by our friends at Bai5! We absolutely love their naturally sweetened, antioxidant-infused, yummy, fun drinks. Carry on and drink Bai!
And just like that, there is homemade jam in my refrigerator.
Happy times, happy times!
I have a thing about berries in the summer, which is that a) it’s awesome to have them, and b) it’s so awesome to have them that it’s almost just too hard to use them in desserts, sauces, jams, anything that will leave me with an empty berry container in my fridge and a sad heart in the morning at breakfast.
My issue is that I love them so much that I want to eat the berries like berries, and I am not one of these insanely lucky people who has “so many raspberries” coming out of their garden that they just have to make them into jam (what is that like? is it heaven?) – yeah, no, that’s not me. This is why I buy berries in large quantities at Costco and then protect them with my life so they may only be eaten as berries. That’s why I use frozen berries at a time such as this.
Okay, this jam, though. And the berries.
Let’s go into list mode to address the reasons why I love it so much.
- It is the perfect occasion for FROZEN berries. I don’t need to sacrifice my precious regular berries for jam – I will save those for my morning breakfast bowls and sacrifice the lowly frozen berries for the jam, and no one will be the wiser. This is the time for the frozen berries to shine.
- It is fast. And there’s no heat. You literally just smoosh everything together in the blender and refrigerate till thickened.
- It is refined sugar free! Praise be. I really, really love peanut butter toast, and I really love yogurt + fruit, and these things just aren’t the same with a shmear of jam on top, but now that we’re doing the refined sugar free experiment (60 days! bring it) I’ve been really dying for something that would speak to my heart the way regular jam does. Hello, triple berry refrigerator jam!
- Yet another awesome use for Bai5 – we always have at least a half a bottle of this stuff in our fridge because we are constantly drinking some throughout the day and saving the rest for later – so this recipe just uses up the “saving the rest for later” portion to add antioxidant wonderfulness, natural sweetness, and beautiful color and flavor to our jammy jam. Ugh. Just really good vibes with this stuff.
You will adore the easiness of this recipe.
If you’re trying to cut back on refined sugar, we can call this a win, I think.
If you’re just generally feeling good about the berry-ness of summer, I’m right there with you.
PLUS IT’S THE WEEKEND. Saturday morning peanut butter toast platter coming right up to your face in three, two…Print
This Triple Berry Refrigerator Jam is so easy and full of health benefits! Perfect if you’re looking to reduce refined sugar.
- 1 cup frozen fruit (mixed berries works best – raspberries, blueberries, strawberries)
- 1/2 cup Bai5 Brasilia Blueberry
- 2 tablespoons honey (more to taste)
- a squeeze of lemon juice, if you want
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Place the blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries in a blender with the Bai5, honey, lemon, and chia seeds. Puree until smooth (or to your desired consistency).
- Transfer to a jar and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. The jam should start to thicken pretty quickly and it should be spreadable just like a jam!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Sauce
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: berry jam, refrigerator jam, homemade jam
Thanks to Bai5 for sponsoring today’s post!