Some very fun news for your Friday morning: we’re hiring! Yes, we are! We are looking for someone to join our team as a Communications Assistant.
While our team has grown so much over the last few years, we’re still a small team, so getting to add someone to this lovely group of people is a very big and very exciting deal.
Here’s who currently makes *all this* happen every day:
- Lindsay: Blog creator / editorial director / voice of Pinch of Yum.
- Bjork: Husband to Lindsay who manages a lot of the behind-the-scenes aspects to make everything run smoothly.
- Jenna: Me! General Manager of Pinch of Yum and overall brand/communications/organizer of everything.
- Emily: Video Specialist who makes all the crazy beautiful videos you see all around the blog and Instagram.
- Eman: Our amazing Content Success Strategist who ensures all the content and fun stuff happening on Pinch of Yum works best for YOU.
- Abby: Pinch of Yum’s Social Media Specialist who’s a boss-lady at Pinterest/Facebook/Twitter/all the things.
- Krista: Our shoot assistant who tests, re-tests, and tests all our recipes again. You’ll also find her in the kitchen with Lindsay on shoot days making magic happen.
- Rita: Also the voice of Pinch of Yum – our writer! Emails, posts, website content, Instagram captions, she does it all.
Want to join this amazing lineup? Read on below for all the deets.
Communications Assistant Job Posting
Pinch of Yum is a food blog that provides at-home cooks with fresh, flavorful recipes for real, everyday life. We love helping readers celebrate the joy of food in a totally accessible, non-intimidating way. Our small and mighty (and hungry! ) remote team is hiring a Communications Assistant to support back-end operations and communications!
We are looking for someone who is solution-oriented with a strong and confident command of language. Someone who loves a good spreadsheet, jumps in enthusiastically to new tasks and is maybe whichever Enneagram loves organization and consistency. We are a team of people who love to do great work, and prioritize kindness, gratitude, and the celebration of good food. We hope you do too!
Everyone is welcome in the Pinch of Yum community (including you!). We’re not about any one specific diet or food type – inclusion and accessibility are key and everyone brings something different to the table (figuratively but also, like, their literal dinner tables!). Whatever your cooking skill is, we have something for you. We are excited to add to our team so that we can continue to support our community in the best way possible.
Communications Assistant Overview
Hours: starting at 15-20 hours per week with room to grow
Compensation: dependent on qualifications
Status: W-2 Employee (must be based in and eligible to work in the United States)
Availability: Daytime Availability 3 days per week (ideally Monday, Wednesday, Friday for customer communication)
Location: We are based in Minneapolis, MN, but this position can be done from anywhere in the US! Remote working FTW.
We are a company that highly values diversity, equity, and inclusion. People of all ethnicities, nationalities, genders, races, and sexual identities are encouraged to apply.
Communications Assistant Responsibilities
Customer + Communications:
- Respond to user inquiries and requests through our website and email.
- Monthly customer satisfaction reporting.
- Coordinate marketing emails in ConvertKit.
Blog + Website Management:
- Assist in editorial follow-up in WordPress for blog posts.
- Complete monthly website updates (including but not limited to updating our blog post log, ebook numbers, media mentions, and podcasts).
- Coordinate and schedule web and browser push notifications.
- Gather data and analytics for our growth and social media teams.
- Submit notices as needed for other websites violating DMCA copyright.
- Assist in video management and amplification (uploading and embedding videos and stories in blog posts).
- Managing spreadsheet for Media Mentions.
- Create performance reports for sponsored content campaigns.
- Maintain an organized file system within Google Drive.
- Create spreadsheets as needed to organize data.
- SEO reporting for blog posts as-needed (we will train on Google Analytics and other programs).
- Miscellaneous communications projects as-needed.
This Could Be You If…
- You are a confident communicator, both interpersonally and in written word – especially in emails!
- You are solutions-oriented – everything can be figured out!
- You get immense satisfaction from crossing things off of your to-do list. Maybe too much satisfaction?
- You don’t mind doing repetitive tasks– in fact, you like doing some repetitive, predictable work! (Especially after this last year. How great is predictability?!)
- Bonus: You have a background in virtual or administrative assisting.
- You enjoy finding new recipes to cook and having fun in the kitchen (it’s pretty much our whole thing, recipes and food!).
- You are known for taking initiative and being resourceful – if you don’t know the answer, you do your best to figure out what you can, and come to the table with suggestions and possible solutions.
- You are super organized and consistent – things like naming conventions of file folders bring a smile to your face!
- Spreadsheets don’t intimidate you – data is fuuuuuun!
- You’re a superstar at managing multiple tasks and projects at once.
- You have a knack for approaching a project and breaking it down into manageable and actionable steps. (We could have said “bite-sized pieces” here but that’s maybe too on the nose.)
Software You’ll Potentially Use
We will train on necessary softwares as some are very specific to food blogging.
- CoSchedule (blog and social media scheduler)
- Asana (project management software)
- Google Workspace (Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Process Street (to access standard operating procedures)
- Delighted (customer satisfaction reporting)
Click on this link! This application is now closed.
We are accepting initial applications from now until Friday, January 22 at 12:00pm CST. This application is now closed.
You will be notified shortly thereafter if you have been chosen to move forward into the interview process. If you don’t hear from us, thank you so much for applying, and we will keep your application for consideration in the future!
We will interview and test the top candidates the following weeks (depending on how many applicants we have.) If chosen, we will invite you to do a video call interview.
We can’t wait to hear from you!