Happy Monday, friends!
Fun news today: we’re hiring! We are looking for someone to join our team as a Video Specialist. Our amazing Alana, who you probably know as the mastermind behind all of our videos, is headed off to new adventures in South America (!!) so we are looking to fill her position as Video Specialist for Pinch of Yum.
We are a small team, so adding someone to the team is a big and exciting deal.
- Lindsay – me! hello again. I’m the blog content creator and voice of Pinch of Yum.
- Bjork – my husband! ♡ He manages a lot of the behind-the-scenes stuff for all of our businesses.
- Jenna – our Pinch of Yum Communications Manager. She is email / brand communications / organizer of everything.
- Krista – our Pinch of Yum Shoot Assistant. The beautiful hands you see in our food videos? Hers.
- Abby – our Pinch of Yum Social Media Manager. She is the master of all things social media on all four of our brands.
- Alexa – our Food Blogger Pro Manager. Editing the podcast, managing the forum, planning the content. She does it all!
- Raquel – our Food Blogger Pro Web Developer & Product Manager. She heads up the development of the Food Blogger Pro website and also manages the product creation and support at WP Tasty.
- Jasmine – our Food Blogger Pro Affiliate Program Manager. She runs the Food Blogger Pro Affiliate program and also designs graphics for the FBP blog.
- Sage – mascot and master treat hog.
Video Specialist Job Description
Position Title: Video Specialist
Primary Job Description: To film and edit recipe videos.
Secondary Job Description: To assist with other creative and administrative tasks as needed (we are a small team, so lots of us wear multiple hats), and to serve as the resident Video Expert on our learning site, Food Blogger Pro.
Hours: 40 hours/week
Compensation: Dependent on qualifications
Starting Date: April or May 2018
Location: Preference will be given to candidates who are local to Minneapolis/St. Paul. HOWEVER, if you’re not local, and you think you’d be a good fit for this job, and you are comfortable with the idea of making and recording videos in your own kitchen, we’d still love to have you submit an application.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Making, filming, and editing food
- Equipment set up and take down
- Partnering with brands for sponsored videos
- Occasional recipe and content development
- Occasional social and content strategy
- Teaching bloggers how to create their own videos
- Daily communication with our team
Looking for a Person Who Is:
- Experienced with filming and editing
- Able to work creatively within directives
- Able to take initiative on projects without direct supervision
- Friendly and fun and loves dogs!!
- Produce a 1 minute or less video of your favorite Pinch of Yum recipe. Upload the video to YouTube as an unlisted video and share it with email@example.com.
- Send your resume and starting salary to firstname.lastname@example.org and include another link to your video, just to make sure we got it.
The videos will be evaluated on creativity, style, and alignment with the Pinch of Yum brand.
The application deadline is Sunday, April 1 at 11:59pm CST.
This Application Is Now Closed.
If the position sounds like the right fit for you, SCORE! We want to hear from you! Please apply.
If not, will you share this job opportunity with your friends who are food-loving video people? The ones that would love a job working with yummy food on the internet? The ones who would just so totally thrive in a position like this?
Thank you, thank you! We are so excited to add to our team again.